Perry Signature Events (Partnership with the Erie County Historical Society and the Erie Port Authority)
All events are no charge/donations accepted.
- July 1/8:00-10:00p.m.-"Star Spangled Salute" Concert by the Pennsylvania Chamber Symphony players and the Young Artists Orchestra under Maestro Frank Collura. Location: Mercyhurst Mary D'Angelo Performing Arts Center.
- July 4/5:00-10:00 p.m.-Picnic in the Park/Bayfront Fireworks at the Burger King Amphitheater, Liberty Park. Entrance to the Park is FREE.
- 5:00-10:00 p.m.-Picnic Time/Vendors/Booths. Bring your own picnic baskets, food, blankets and chairs and enjoy time with your family, friends, and neighbors.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.-Parade St. Dixieland Jazz Band
- 5:30-7:30 p.m.-Children's Activities by the Erie County Historical Society providing re-enactment, interactive experiences for children including historically correct tools and artifacts for making candles, blacksmithing, etc.; special give-aways; special activities also available, including kite flying, clown, etc.; other activities for adults include caricaturists, product purchasing in special tents (merchandise from WQLN, Erie County Historical Society, Erie Maritime Museum, Erie Playhouse, Erie Art Museum, Perry 200, etc. available)
- 7:00-8:00 p.m.-Elvis Appreciator (Jim Moore)
- 8:30-9:45 p.m.-Gem City Concert Band (50 members, Patriotic music)
- 9:45-10:00 p.m.-Bayfront Fireworks-sponsored by ECGRA. The fireworks will be set off from a barge in the Bay, near Liberty Park. Good viewing spots are anywhere you can see the Bay, both off of the Bayfront Highway looking north, and the Bay side of the Peninsula, facing south.
July 4 Shuttle Bus Routes
Rt 1- 14th & State to Bayfront Convention Center to Liberty Park.
Rt 2- Intermodal Center to Liberty Park
Rt 3- Bayfront Convention Center to Liberty Park
* All Shuttle Buses will run from 5:00PM until conclusion
- July 7 – September 1- "Building, Salvaging, Celebrating: Erie's Relationship with the 1812 Lake Erie Fleet" at the Erie County Historical Society Museum (417 State Street)
- The exhibit will feature elements of Perry, explores who helped built the fleet and artifacts from the ship, and memorabilia from past celebrations.
- Opened Tuesdays through Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission for the museum is $5 for adults, $4 for seniors, and $3 for children
Thursday, 05 July, 2012
Other Dates For This Event:
Contact:Jefferson Education Society
Website: Click to Visit
Save this Event:iCalendar
Windows Live Calendar
Share this Event:Email to a Friend